SARALAND, Ala. (WKRG) –– Hurricane sally revealed something unseen for decades at Bayou Sara in Saraland. This picture is courtesy of David Fields photography. This was a paddle boat that was docked there in 70s. The owners meant it to be a gambling boat, but never got the right licenses.
It burned down in the 90s after sitting there for more than 30 years. As for how hold it might be, the type of nails used reveal it was likely built more than a century ago.
- Senate committee to vote on Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court nomination
- Former Blue Bell president charged with trying to cover up 2015 Listeria contamination of ice cream
- COVID-19 moves Arc of Smith County annual fundraiser online
- Dallas man and his late wife’s stolen identity used to commit voter fraud
- Texas’ top doctors discuss lessons learned from 1st COVID-19 wave and how it could help possible 2nd surge