MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) – “There are only 450 of those guys in the world,” said former Chicago Bull Jason Caffey. “The brotherhood is tight.”
“I saw it on Facebook. I thought it couldn’t be true. First thing I did was call Scottie Pippen in L.A. He answered the phone and before I could even ask what’s going on, he said – It’s true,” said Caffey.
“To watch him come in, they said this was the next Michael Jordan, and we all thought yeah sure. Then year after year you see this young man go higher and higher to another level. He then starts winning championships and he’s putting up numbers like Jordan, so the comparison became real. It was great to see somebody come in that could somewhat match the intensity that a Michael Jordan could put out,” said Caffey, a teammate of Jordan’s with the Bulls.
He retired as one of the leading scorers in NBA history, and cemented his place as a Lakers legend winning five NBA championships.
- 7-year-old Jeopardy! superfan gets sweet message from Alex Trebek after dressing up as ‘mini-Trebek’ for Halloween
- Less than a week: Key dates as we approach Election Day
- East Texas Food Banks are helping more people as the holiday season approaches
- FBI warns ransomware assault threatens US healthcare system
- Inmate dies after fight in Bowie County jail