MARION COUNTY, Texas (KETK)- A 16-year-old boy drowned at Lake O’ the Pines on Saturday.
Texas Parks and Wildlife Game Wardens and the Marion County Sheriff’s Office responded to the incident around 8:00 a.m.
The boy was fishing alone near the bank on Friday night. He did not go home that night and was found by his family.
When the game wardens arrived on Saturday the teenagers body had been found and removed from the lake.
The victim was pronounced deceased by the Justice of the Peace, and his body was sent for an autopsy.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims family,” said the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.
- Baylor running back Trestan Ebner holds youth football camp in his hometown of Henderson
- East Texas Bridal Expo holds 12th annual extravaganza at UT Tyler
- Open Arms of Love Fellowship Church holds second annual free Tyler school supplies drive
- COVID-19 becomes political issue at Tokyo Olympics
- Couple says their newborn accidentally swapped at Tennessee hospital