HARRISON COUNTY, Texas (KETK) – Another earthquake was reported near East Texas on Thursday evening.
This earthquake hit just near Longwood, Louisiana, which is about 6 miles southwest of Blanchard. It hit around 7:43 p.m. and was a magnitude 3.1 earthquake. The depth was about 9 miles.
Early Thursday morning, a 2.5 magnitude earthquake was detected near Karnack, a small town roughly 15 miles northeast of Marshall.
The earthquake happened around 12:13 a.m., according to the United States Geological Survey. The USGS indicates that the epicenter hit about 5.5 miles south-southeast of Uncertain, Texas, at a depth of just nearly 10 miles.
As of this writing, no injuries have been reported and there does not appear to be any damage to surrounding buildings.
This is a developing story. KETK News will update this story as more information becomes available.
- New wood County Sheriff’s Office K-9-unit is on the job, finding drugs
- Henderson County SO arrests 3 for drug crimes
- BE ON THE LOOKOUT: Longview police asking help to find car in hit-and-run accident with pedestrian
- ‘Do not click on any links’: Postal Service warns of fake texts, emails about deliveries, packages
- Dunkin’ offering free coffee for National Nurses Day