TYLER, Texas (KETK)- Law enforcement officials and the Texas Department of Public Safety arrested two Tyler men on Wednesday in connection to an ongoing criminal investigation into an East Texas criminal street gang selling narcotics.
DPS Criminal Investigations Division Special Agents from the East Texas Anti-Gang Unit have been working on a year-long operation with the Smith County Sheriff’s Office and the Tyler Police Department, according to DPS.
The investigation looked into several people who were arranging drug sales through social media. The suspects also had firearms and were affiliated with a criminal street gang.
On Tuesday, investigators executed arrest/search warrants at three locations with the help of the Highway Patrol and DPS Special Response Teams and Crisis Negotiation Unit.
Henry Ayala Hendrix, 53, and Chaz Lynn O’Neil, 25, were detained. Two pounds of methamphetamine, many ounces of marijuana, and ecstasy were found and two firearms were also taken in.
- American tourist killed in shark attack in Bahamas, police say
- White House urges Congress to act quickly on Ukraine aid
- ‘Wolf of Wall Street’ Lamborghini Countach hits auction
- 3 university presidents to face grilling on campus antisemitism at House hearing
- Virginia lawmakers ask Biden administration to pause move of FBI HQ to Maryland