GILMER, Texas (KETK) – A 2020 Gilmer High School graduate was killed early Sunday morning in a wreck after losing control of his car.
According to a DPS report, 20-year-old Carson Glenn Barber was driving down Apricot Road around 6:45 a.m. when he drifted off the road during a curve. The report states that he may have been driving too fast.
Barber tried to overcorrect back to the left and drove into the woods. The car hit a tree and Barber was ejected from the car. He was not wearing a seat belt.
Barber was pronounced dead at the scene and was taken to McWhorter Funeral Home in Gilmer.
Barber was a football player for Gilmer and Principal Brian Bowman released a statement saying he was “heartbroken for such an amazing young man.”
- East Texas man charged in Capitol riot files motion to remove GPS monitoring while he’s on bond
- Broughton Rec Center in Longview closed for renovations
- LIVE: Biden to announce efforts to combat violent crime, gun violence
- Tyler residents urge city council to approve independent commission for redistricting
- Portion of Marshall under boil water notice Wednesday