TYLER, Texas (KETK) – Lent is here, and KETK has come up with a list of local places that will be having a fish fry.
Know of any we haven’t listed? Send us a tip here.
KETK’s Frank Jefferson also attended a fish fry on the first Friday of Lent.
Father James Rowland from Saint Mary Magdalene Church mentioned the importance of this time.
“It’s also joyful because Christ died on the cross because we’re sinners. God loves us so much because he was willing to sacrifice his own son, so that we may have eternal life with him,” he said.
St. Mary Magdalene will allow people to order on Wednesday for their fish frys on March 4 and 11 as well as April 1 and April 8. People can order and pre-pay online at catholicflint.org. Food is $10 for adults and $5 for kids.
The Knights of Columbus will host an every other Friday Fish Fry beginning March 11 at St. Patrick Catholic Church 2118 Lowery St. at 5 p.m.
The Trinity County 365 Volunteer Fire Department will have its annual fish fry on Sunday, March 13 at 12427 FM 356 at 11 a.m.
No Excuses Ministries will have their monthly fish fry feeding on Saturday, March 5 from noon to 4 p.m. at 707 W Houston Street. People can bring their family and enjoy some catfish. For those in need of clothes shoes and more, the event has everything to bless people with.
Throughout the month of March until April 8, on every Friday the Knights of Columbus Council #5211 will have their annual Steve Stoeklein Annual Lenten Fish Fry beginning March 4. People can come by for dine-in or take out at the Knights of Columbus Hall at 3801 West Highway 22.
- Hurricane Ian tracker 8 am: Ian strengthens to Category 4 hurricane, nears 155 mph windspeeds
- 200M pounds of toxic chemicals dumped into US waterways in 2020: analysis
- ‘Devastating to catastrophic’: Model shows destruction by hurricane-force winds
- JOB ALERT: Titus Regional Medical Center in Mount Pleasant needs a System and Network Admin
- After surviving freeway crossing, wildfire, treatable disease killed this ‘interesting cat’