CORSICANA, Texas (KETK) – A one-vehicle accident occurred around 5:29 a.m. Saturday on SH-19 approximately 3.5 miles north of Athens in Henderson County.
The investigation shows that a 2021 Kia Forte was travelling north on SH-19 when the Kia left the roadway to the east and began rolling for a currently unknow reason. The Kia came to a stop upright facing the south and the driver was not wearing a seatbelt.
Micheal Edward, 23, of Gun Barrel City was taken to UT Health East Texas in Athens and was later pronounced dead by hospital staff.
Highway patrol said the investigation is ongoing and there is no other information available at this time.
- Migrant encounters top 2 million in calendar year 2021, on pace for repeat in 2022
- Two IRS letters to watch for this tax season
- Study finds high levels of omicron-fighting antibodies four months after Pfizer booster
- Poll: Trump leads 2024 Republican field with DeSantis in distant second
- JOB ALERT: Goodwill Central East Texas in Nacogdoches needs a donation associate