NACOGDOCHES, Texas (KETK) – A 3-year-old was hospitalized after being found unresponsive in a pool in Nacogdoches.
On Friday, around 6:17 p.m., Nacogdoches police, fire and EMS arrived at the 400 block of N University Dr. in response to a 911 call of a child not breathing.
When officers arrived, CPR was being administered to the child. EMS then transported the toddler to a nearby hospital.
The child was later taken to an out of town hospital in what Nacogdoches officials say in serious condition for a higher level of care.
Nacogdoches police said there is no further information on the child’s condition. Detectives with the Nacogdoches PD have begun an investigation into the circumstances of the drowning.
- Police: ‘Grease’ actor arrested after throwing plates, food at deputies in Maryland restaurant
- Teen found shot to death in front yard of Texas home
- JOB ALERT: Sprouts Farmers Market in Tyler needs a senior deli clerk
- Texas doctor says he performed abortion after 6 weeks to challenge state’s restrictive law
- Monday Morning Forecast: Cold front on the way