LUFKIN, Texas (KETK) – An Angelina County Commissioner has been arrested on charges of assaulting a family member, according to online judicial records.
Bobby Cheshire, the Precinct 4 commissioner, was booked on the misdemeanor charge Monday night. He was also arrested for the same offense in 2019 and posted a $10,000 bond.
It is unknown as of this writing if his recent arrest is related to his old charge or if it is about a separate incident.
Cheshire’s precinct is the largest in Angelina County, in terms of land area. It covers nearly half the county and includes the cities of Diboll and Zavalla.
- 2 students, 1 adult injured in shooting at Idaho middle school; suspect in custody
- New wood County Sheriff’s Office K-9-unit is on the job, finding drugs
- Henderson County SO arrests 3 for drug crimes
- BE ON THE LOOKOUT: Longview police asking help to find car in hit-and-run accident with pedestrian
- ‘Do not click on any links’: Postal Service warns of fake texts, emails about deliveries, packages