NACOGDOCHES, Texas (KETK) – An Austin-area woman died after she was hit by a car while jaywalking in Nacogdoches.
Police responded to the incident around 6:35 p.m. on Monday in the 100 block of North Stallings Drive.
Emily Marie Rangel, 43, of Round Rock, was crossing the street when she was struck. Police determined that she failed to use the crosswalk and walked into the path of the 2007 Kia Passenger car.
Rangel was taken to a local hospital where she later died. The driver was not injured in the wreck.
The wreck is under investigation by the Nacogdoches Police Department’s Traffic Unit.
- Mourners pay respects to Prince Philip, leave flowers outside UK Embassy in Washington
- Saturday Evening Forecast: Dry and warm way to end the weekend
- Texas Rep. Dan Crenshaw says he will be temporarily blind for a month after eye surgery
- 19-year-old killed in one-vehicle crash after striking tree, car catching fire in Sabine County
- Brookshire’s extends senior, first responder discounts till early May