TYLER, Texas (KETK) – Breedlove Nursery & Landscape hosted their annual butterfly festival at the Breedlove Nursery in Tyler.
The festival had a butterfly tent, face painting and food trucks including some small businesses.
Inside the butterfly tent there were some monarch butterflies. As people entered the tent, they were given green straw covered with watermelon for the butterflies to land on.
The purpose of the event was not only to bring the community together, but also to educate the public about the importance of butterflies and the ways they benefit humans and the environment.
- Nacogdoches HS cosmetology students put skills to test in national competition
- This Buc-ee’s store in Texas won’t hold world’s largest title after new location is built in Tennessee
- McAfee antivirus software creator dead in Spanish prison
- Gov. Abbott says VP Harris should focus on Texans at border facing crime from illegal immigrants
- East Texas man charged in Capitol riot files motion to remove GPS monitoring while he’s on bond