TYLER, Texas (KETK) – A candlelight prayer was held Tuesday in Tyler for a man who has been missing since December.
The prayer took place in downtown Tyler at 6 p.m. for 21-year-old Marcus Daniel Rodriguez.
“It’s overwhelming, overwhelming and for him to not come home is devastating for us,” said Sergio Rodriguez, Marcus’ father.
The Tyler Police Department has asked for the public’s help in finding Rodriguez. He was last seen wearing a dark-colored t-shirt with an orange and white graphic on the front and blue jean shorts.
Sergio Rodriguez said that they did not expect to have this much support from the community and family and friends sharing information on social media.
“If anybody has any information, it’s just don’t be scared and come forward we just want our son to come home,” said Marcus’ father.
Groups of people around the community have banded together to aid the search. A Facebook page dedicated to his search called “Bring Marcus Home” has 830 followers as of this writing.
“If anybody has any information, it’s just don’t be scared and come forward. We just want our son to come home,” said Sergio Rodriguez.
Any information on his whereabouts should be directed to Detective Molina at 903-531-1097.
“As a community I think we all need to come together. As far as this goes, if anybody else is in this situation we would be helping out for sure, so just keep us in y’all’s prayers and we appreciate everything the community is doing to help us out for sure.”Sergio Rodriguez, Marcus’ father
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores – 13% of shooters are motivated by racial hatred, criminologists find
- Heaton Eye Associates share treatment options
- 19-year-old Texan becomes youngest African American to graduate law school in US
- Suspect in California church shooting ID’d as 68-year-old Vegas man
- Busted in Houston: Teens, guard who escaped Ware Youth Center in custody