TYLER, Texas (KETK) – Champions for Children gathered for their third “Breakfast for Champions” on Thursday, honoring community leaders and organizations impacting the lives of local children and families.
This year, they honored five community leaders working to help children.
“We surround ourselves with a village of folks who are doing amazing work, and we take the time once a year to stop and recognize those organizations and those individuals for what they’re doing,” said Executive Director of Champions for Children Andria Horton.
They presented the following awards:
- Champions Volunteer of the Year – Cathy Ellis
- Community Mental Health Champion – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
- Innovation Award – Monarch Prep Academy
- Early Childhood Educator of the Year – Vicki Davis
- Legacy Award – Carolyn Wallace
Champions for Children offers specialized services including professional counseling, individual training and classes on music and movement.