CHEROKEE COUNTY, Texas (KETK) – Texas game wardens in Cherokee County found a deer that was shot to death along a rural road and now want to arrest the person who did it.
The deer was discovered alongside Farm to Market Road 241, near its intersection with Farm to Market 851 north of Alto
Game wardens believe the animal was shot about Christmas Day. “The deer was left to waste alongside the road,” said information posted on Facebook.
Texas Game Wardens are seeking information leading to the identification, arrest, and conviction of the person/s responsible illegally killing the deer. Those with information are asked to call Operation Game Thief at 1-800-792-GAME (4263).
There is a reward of up to $1,000 for information.
GAME WARDENS IN THE NEWS
- Video: Game warden frees two interlocked deer by shooting antlers
- Game wardens investigate possible illegal deer hunting in Smith County, seize 16 sets of antlers
- Texas game wardens seize ducks, charge hunters with using bait to attract birds
- Texas Game Wardens seize 27 black drum fish after two were found fishing without license
- 2 anglers accused of taking nearly 200 crappie above legal limit from Lake 0′ the Pines