TYLER, Texas (KETK) – Preparations for the Tyler Rose Complex began on Thursday, June 17.
The first part of the project is to install a dedicated parking lot area for Tyler Civic Theater and Rose Garden Center. WRL General Contractors have already begun milling Rose Park Drive to complete this phase.
Portions of Rose Park Drive and the majority of Harvey Convention Center’s parking lot will be closed periodically. West Houston Street will also remain open for the duration of the project.
Despite the road closures, the Rose Garden and Tyler Civic Theater will remain open to the public. The Rose Garden gate on Rose Park Drive will be closed, but patrons will still be able to access the garden through the Rose Garden Center and the gate on West Houston Street by the Idea Garden.
“I am thrilled to see the transformation of this area begin,” said Mayor Don Warren. “The Rose Complex is vital to our economic recovery from COVID-19. It will revitalize the entire area surrounding our City’s crown jewel, the Tyler Rose Garden.”
City of Tyler will host a Demolition Ceremony with a wrecking ball at Harvey Convention Center on Tuesday, Aug. 2 at 11 a.m.
- Baylor running back Trestan Ebner holds youth football camp in his hometown of Henderson
- East Texas Bridal Expo holds 12th annual extravaganza at UT Tyler
- Open Arms of Love Fellowship Church holds second annual free Tyler school supplies drive
- COVID-19 becomes political issue at Tokyo Olympics
- Couple says their newborn accidentally swapped at Tennessee hospital