TYLER, Texas (KETK) – One person is dead after a fatal accident on Toll 49 in Smith County just north of the Tyler Pounds Regional Airport.
According to a preliminary report, the driver of a 2004 Freightliner, 38-year-old Steven Frederick Elgin of Hughes Springs, towing a food trailer was traveling south on Toll 49 when the trailer became detached from the truck. Elgin was not shown to be injured in the crash.
The detached trailer traveled into the northbound lane where it struck a 2005 Toyota Tundra, driven by 49-year-old Kelly Michelle Hall of Tyler. Hall died at the scene and was taken to Lighthouse Mortuary in Tyler.
A 2019 Land Rover, also traveling north behind the Tundra, struck the back of the trailer.
42-year-old April Michelle Files of Houston was driving the Land Rover. She was transported to CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Hospital in Tyler in stable condition.
- Longview Chamber of Commerce to honor 3 local businesses, leaders at annual meeting
- State of Texas: ‘We’re facing a lot of challenges’ in search of funds to prevent the next power crisis
- Las Vegas family awarded $29.5M after woman suffers brain damage following allergic reaction
- Florida woman, 20, electrocuted by downed power lines trying to escape car after tree fell on it
- Woman arrested after refusing to return $1.2 million mistakenly put into her account