MARION COUNTY, Texas (KETK)- Marion County Sheriff’s Office released the identity of a victim found dead near a home on March 27.
The victim was identified as 31-year-old Patty Annette Vaughn from Pine Harbor.
Her body was initially discovered during a welfare check for her near a residence on Hide A Way Loop, about 9.5 miles west of the city of Jefferson in Marion County.
During the welfare check, deputies found illegal drugs and arrested Tommy Elvin Wadlington, 28, for possession of a controlled substance PG1. Later, he was served with a murder warrant while at the Marion County Jail.
Deputies interviewed witnesses, and they received information that allowed them to find a body near the residence.
The Texas Rangers, Texas DPS, Texas Game Wardens, Harrison County Sheriff’s Office, Gregg County Fire Marshals Office, Jefferson Police Department and US Army Corps of Engineers assisted with the investigation.
According to the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, the investigation is ongoing.
- Late season frost, possible light freeze Wednesday morning
- Living through history, Lufkin set to christen new baseball complex Saturday.
- Trinity Valley advances, Kilgore comes up short in national tourney opener
- Lindale community holds town hall to discuss race after controversial photo of student kneeling on boy’s neck
- PHOTOS: Deep sinkhole causes road closure in Kilgore