DIBOLL, Texas (KETK)- Gerry Boren, the Diboll City Manager, announced on Tuesday that he will be resigning.
Boren shared this information during a city council meeting. He is 62, and he said he made the decision to spend more time with his wife. They have been married 34 years.
Boren has been the city manager for 5.5 years. He previously worked for Gun Barrel City, and he has more than 20 years of experience as a city manager for different cities.
His resignation will be accepted at the next city council meeting, and his last day is May 31.
- 25 best used cars under $15,000
- Do plexiglass COVID barriers really work, and what will become of them?
- Nacogdoches Blueberry Festival offers sweet surprises for everyone
- CAMP V honors women veterans at event in Tyler
- Four-decade-old murder case in Louisiana closes after arrest of victim’s now elderly husband