POLK COUNTY, Texas (KETK) – One person is dead and three people are hospitalized after a helicopter crash in Polk County.
According to our NBC affiliate, KPRC, 54-year-old Daniel King of Livingston died at the scene.
Two other passengers, 26-year-old Braydon King and 23-year-old Brocton King, also from Livingston, were taken to a nearby hospital.
The pilot, identified as 73-year-old John Martin of Montgomery was taken to a hospital in Houston, according to DPS.
According to TX DPS Southeast Texas Region, the incident happened around 11:45 a.m. on Thursday, after a Bell 206 helicopter crashed.
The Federal Aviation Administration has been notified and will investigate. Troopers have secured the scene for investigators.
- Man charged for deaths in San Antonio smuggling incident arrested in Palestine
- How East Texans can protect their home against wildfires
- East Texas first responders notice increase in fires during drought-like conditions
- Monkeypox: How the White House plans to control outbreak
- NEAL’S POV: Prayer on the football field