VAN ZANDT COUNTY, Texas (KETK) – The body that was found along Interstate 20 in Van Zandt County earlier this week has been identified as been identified as Joshua Hammond, 39 of Canton, according to the DPS.
An investigation is under way to determine the cause of death.
A Texas Department of Transportation crew found a body close to I-20 in Van Zandt County on Monday.
Texas Department of Public Safety troopers said they received the call about the discovery around 4:03 p.m. on June 14.
The body was found while workers were cleaning debris from the grass on the south side of the highway about 2.6 miles west of the city of Canton.
Officials are carrying out an investigation to identify the body and the cause of death.
- Do you know what the Olympic rings stand for?
- Cleveland’s baseball team goes from Indians to Guardians
- Tyler man connected to Bullard murder has trial delayed after medical examiner passes away
- Look: Americans enter Olympic Stadium in Tokyo for opening ceremony
- Olympic Games, Tokyo-style: The pandemic era opens