QUITMAN, Texas (KETK) – An East Texas man was killed Monday morning in a car accident after striking multiple trees.
62-year-old David Woolverton, of Como, was traveling south on FM 2966 just one mile north of Quitman when the car ran off the road while it was rounding a curve.
According to DPS, the 2020 Dodge Ram struck several trees before coming to a stop.
Woolverton was pronounced dead at the scene by Judge Tony Gilbreath. He was taken to a Quitman funeral home.
- Longview Chamber of Commerce to honor 3 local businesses, leaders at annual meeting
- State of Texas: ‘We’re facing a lot of challenges’ in search of funds to prevent the next power crisis
- Las Vegas family awarded $29.5M after woman suffers brain damage following allergic reaction
- Florida woman, 20, electrocuted by downed power lines trying to escape car after tree fell on it
- Woman arrested after refusing to return $1.2 million mistakenly put into her account