CARTHAGE, Texas (KETK) – A Carthage man was killed early Friday morning after driving on the wrong side of the road.
A DPS report said that just before 7:30 a.m. on June 11, 58-year-old Larry D. Bellamy was driving a 2020 Chevrolet Colorado on FM 2517.
The report states that Bellamy was “traveling on the wrong side of the road” but does not say for how long.
Bellamy’s car struck a 2019 Volvo that was towing a trailer. The Volvo driver was identified as 67-year-old Arthur Carl Colier, a Deberry resident.
Bellamy was pronounced dead at the scene and Collier was taken to UT Health in Carthage in stable condition.
The crash is still being investigated.
- What you need to know about the four new Olympic sports
- Longview Mall holds first free Backyard Bash
- Former Cowboy Quincy Carter’s past mistakes didn’t crush his love for teaching the game of football
- Surfing for gold: Dependent on weather, defined by the ocean
- Six people injured in early morning shooting at after-hours club in Amarillo