TYLER, Texas (KETK) – Many small businesses gathered in downtown Tyler for National Small Business week.
People came by to honor their local mom and pop shops and empowered community development corporations in recognizing their outstanding service.
“Many of our businesses that are here today, some of them were birthed during or after the pandemic, so since we are opening back up for events and things, its only fitting to do something to support our small businesses in the East Texas area,” Latoyia Jordan with Empowerment CDC said.
The event was a great way to highlight and help struggling shops after a tough hit during the pandemic.
- McAfee antivirus software creator dead in Spanish prison
- Gov. Abbott says VP Harris should focus on Texans at border facing crime from illegal immigrants
- East Texas man charged in Capitol riot files motion to remove GPS monitoring while he’s on bond
- Broughton Rec Center in Longview closed for renovations
- LIVE: Biden to announce efforts to combat violent crime, gun violence