FRANKSTON, Texas (KETK) — An elderly couple from Bullard was killed and a woman from Frankston was injured in a car wreck Sunday afternoon in Frankston.
James Wimberly, and his wife, Bonnie, both 84, died at the scene and Dianna Johnston, 57, was sent to a hospital in Tyler with serious injuries, said the DPS.
Wimberly, driving a Toyota, was struck from behind by Johnston, in a Kia. The impact caused Wimberly to lose control and crash into a tree, the DPS said. Johnston hit a culvert and a sign.
The wreck happened just after 2 p.m. Sunday on Texas Highway 155 in Elkhart city limits.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Coach Joe Willis holds his first spring football game with Tyler Legacy on Friday night
- Community gathers to remember fallen officers during Rusk Police Memorial
- New Diana boys’ golf team have their eyes set on the UIL State Tournament
- Iowa man faked own death to trap 2 victims in apartment, police say
- Fresh 15 to shut down some roads in Tyler on Saturday