RUSK COUNTY, Texas (KETK) – One man is dead in a single-engine plane crash in Rusk County.
The plane came down between Tatum and Easton on County Road 2194 Monday afternoon. First responders received a call about the incident around 2:20 p.m.
According to the Rusk County Office of Emergency Management, the pilot took the plane out for a maintenance flight.
Several sheriff’s units, Highway Patrol, and VFD units arrived on scene. The crash site fire was extinguished and the scene was closed off until the Federal Aviation Administration could arrive.
- PRECIOUS METAL: Soaring metal prices fuel black market of catalytic converter theft in East Texas
- TJC rallies past North Arkansas to lead off postseason
- How to get a $50 discount on your broadband bill
- Upshur County Sheriff’s Office to hold open house May 18
- VAX FACTS: Jarvis Christian College offering Pfizer vaccines to the public next week