GILMER, Texas (KETK) – A Gilmer man was killed Wednesday afternoon after a tree fell on his car while he was driving.
The incident was just after 3 p.m. on Bobwhite Rd roughly 7 miles southeast of Gilmer.
59-year-old Bradley Scott Hefner was driving his 1998 Chevrolet Silverado when the tree fell onto his car.
He was pronounced dead at the scene by Judge Manes and taken to Grubbs-Loyd Funeral Home in Gilmer.
Officials have urged drivers to be wary of leaning trees due to how saturated the ground is from the constant rain that has hit East Texas this spring.
- UT Health Tyler completes 250th heart valve replacement procedure
- Arkansas woman arrested after mother found mummified, wrapped in newspaper
- Tuesday Evening Forecast: Low humidity continues through end of week
- Mineola offense headlined by junior leadership in the backfield
- Federal judge in El Paso grants pause to Texas order restricting migrant transportation