GLADEWATER, Texas (KETK) – The 2021 Gladewater Round-Up Rodeo is scheduled for June 9 through 12.
After an unexpected break last year due to COVID-19, four nights of rodeo action will be back at the Gladewater Rodeo Arena. Gates open nightly at 6 p.m. and proceeds from the rodeo go to scholarships for local students.
- WEDNESDAY, JUNE 9 – XTREME BULLS – Sponsored by Cavender’s Boot City & Xtreme Bulls
- THURSDAY, JUNE 10 – Sponsored by City National Bank
- FRIDAY, JUNE 11 – Sponsored by Superior Health Plan
- SATURDAY, JUNE 12 – “Tough Enough to Wear Pink,” sponsored by Texas Oncology
After a 30-year absence, they will crown Miss Gladewater Rodeo during the Tough Enough to Wear Pink performance on Saturday.
Rodeo queen nominees will be presented at the annual luncheon on Wednesday at the First United Methodist Church’s Jeter Hall. There will be a meet and greet immediately after located at 895 E. Broadway Avenue in Gladewater.
Registration for kids Mutton Bustin’ (5-7 years of age, under 50 lbs) are online at GladewaterRodeo.com. Participating children will receive one free adult ticket for signing up. Mutton Bustin’ starts at 7:45 p.m. nightly.
The Gladewater Round-Up Rodeo’s nightly Calf Scramble is free to kids in two age groups: 8 and under, and ages 9-12. No pre-registration is required.
Tickets are $16 for adults, $8 for kids ages 12 and under. They can be purchased in-person at Cavender’s Boot City in Longview or online at GladewaterRodeo.com.
On Thursday, June 7, there will be special half-price tickets for members of the military and first responders who present a valid ID at the Rodeo Ticket Office, located north of Highway 80 on North Rodeo Street in Gladewater.
- Politico: VP Harris plans visit to U.S.-Mexico border this week
- Tracking the Tropics: Hurricane hacks you should know before storms come your way
- Mosquitoes in Greenville test positive for West Nile Virus
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Tyler to close section of Hollytree Drive for road work
- Tyler plans to expand its network of walking and biking trails