TYLER, Texas (KETK) – Gov. Greg Abbott’s office announced Thursday afternoon that he would be visiting Tyler on Friday.
Just days after announcing that he would allow his mask mandate to expire next week, Abbott will come to the Piney Woods. He will hold a press conference with Sen. Bryan Hughes on Senate Bill 12, which is Hughes’ social media legislation.
According to the governor’s office, “SB 12 will help prohibit social media companies from censoring Texans based on the viewpoints they express.”
He will meet Hughes at the Plaza Tower Atrium at 110 N College Ave. at 12 p.m.
- Tyler PD requesting help identifying non-verbal young man found wandering in town
- Body found in Mississippi River identified as missing LSU student
- Upshur County man hides cell phone in bathroom to record video, photos of minor, pleads guilty to child sexual exploitation
- SMALL TOWN SALUTE: Mount Selman is named after a doctor
- VAX FACTS: 31% of Smith County residents have had COVID-19 vaccination shot