SMITH COUNTY, Texas (KETK) – A single-family house fire was reported in the 17700 block of FM 14 in the Red Springs community, according to Chad Hogue, Smith County Chief Deputy Fire Marshal on Wednesday.
One person was home at the time of the fire, but there were no injuries.
When three surrounding fire departments responded, there was a grass fire that spread from the house. Officials were able to control the grass fire quickly, but the house was completely destroyed.
- Thousands descend on DC for anti-vaccine mandate rally
- Boil water notice issued for select Marshall residents
- Sunday Evening Forecast: A chilly work week starts off with a wet Monday
- Could treatment get rid of peanut allergies in kids?
- Brian Laundrie tried deceiving police with text messages after Gabby Petito’s death, FBI says