TYLER, Texas (KETK)- First responders battled a house fire on Tuesday.
The Tyler Fire Department received a call around 12:26 p.m. about the incident, which happened near 625 Joel Drive.
A family attempted to thaw their frozen pipes and placed an electric blanket on top of them, according to the Tyler Fire Department.
Once the pipes thawed, the water made contact with the blanket. This caused a short circuit, and the blanket caught on fire.
The residents of the house were able to get out safely. The garage suffered the most damage, but other areas were also impacted.
- Bull riding competition moves from Longview to Forth Worth
- Smith County animal shelter will begin charging fees in April
- St. Paul Children’s Services accepting donations after losing more than 1,000 pounds of food due to winter storm
- UT-Austin won’t require SAT or ACT scores for 2022 applications due to COVID-19
- Olympic gymnastics coach John Geddert dies by suicide following human trafficking, sexual assault charges