HARRISON COUNTY, Texas (KETK) – An arrest was made after an armed standoff on I-20 between Waskom and Marshall.
According to an officer on the scene, the arrest was made after five and half hours. Officials say the man was alone and wielded the weapon multiple times.
Officials with the Harrison County Sheriff’s office and Marshall police and Texas Rangers were on the scene in addition with Shreveport and Louisiana state police.
The suspect led law enforcement on a chase that started in Bossier City, Louisiana. Officers were able to spike the truck and the trailer on I-20 and quickly surrounded it.
Negotiators were with him for hours which eventually led to the arrest.
This story is developing, KETK will keep you updated as more information comes out.
- East Texas man charged in Capitol riot files motion to remove GPS monitoring while he’s on bond
- Broughton Rec Center in Longview closed for renovations
- Biden to announce efforts to combat violent crime, gun violence
- Tyler residents urge city council to approve independent commission for redistricting
- Portion of Marshall under boil water notice Wednesday