MARSHALL, Texas (KETK) – The Harrison County Sheriff’s Office revealed that an inmate died Monday after having a “medical episode” in the county jail.
In a statement, the Harrison County Sheriff’s Office said that lifesaving efforts began after jail staff noticed the man suffering. They did not specifically say what seemed to be wrong with the inmate.
Officials say they notified the Marshall Fire Department and the inmate was transported to CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Center in Marshall where he was pronounced dead.
Texas Department of Public Safety Texas Ranger Division was notified and will complete an independent investigation.
- State of Texas: ‘We’re facing a lot of challenges’ in search of funds to prevent the next power crisis
- Las Vegas family awarded $29.5M after woman suffers brain damage following allergic reaction
- Florida woman, 20, electrocuted by downed power lines trying to escape car after tree fell on it
- Woman arrested after refusing to return $1.2 million mistakenly put into her account
- Google’s latest gadget that helps you learn more about your sleep to get a better night’s rest