MARSHALL, Texas (KETK) – The Harrison County Sheriff’s Office revealed that an inmate died Monday after having a “medical episode” in the county jail.
In a statement, the Harrison County Sheriff’s Office said that lifesaving efforts began after jail staff noticed the man suffering. They did not specifically say what seemed to be wrong with the inmate.
Officials say they notified the Marshall Fire Department and the inmate was transported to CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Center in Marshall where he was pronounced dead.
Texas Department of Public Safety Texas Ranger Division was notified and will complete an independent investigation.
- 2008 vs. 2022 Beijing Olympics: No lofty promises this time
- ‘Boycott Pepsi’ is trending online and it has a tie to Texas politics
- Marshall police make arrests for crimes involving guns
- Mark Cuban launches online pharmacy in bid to help consumers find cheaper medications
- Garret Hope with City of Tyler talks about upcoming events in Tyler