TYLER, Texas (KETK) – Local filmmakers will showcase their work at the Downtown Tyler Film Festival Sunday night.
The festival began Thursday, June 10 and the last showings will be Sunday night at 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. online. Tickets are $15.
The Downtown Tyler Film Festival has been running for nine years. Filmmakers were able to make 15 minute or shorter films from any genre of film. The festival rules said that the film had to be completed before January 1, 2019 and should be suitable for a general audience.
Candidates were allowed to submit to only one of the following categories:
- Young Filmmakers
- Texas Films
- International Films
The film festival will have three judges and give awards and prizes to the film makers.
- Best of Fest: $1,000
- Best Texas Film: $500 + SXSW Film Badge
- Best Young Filmmaker: $250
- Audience Favorite: $150
- What you need to know about the four new Olympic sports
- Longview Mall holds first free Backyard Bash
- Former Cowboy Quincy Carter’s past mistakes didn’t crush his love for teaching the game of football
- Surfing for gold: Dependent on weather, defined by the ocean
- Six people injured in early morning shooting at after-hours club in Amarillo