LUFKIN, Texas (KETK) – The Lufkin Police Department identified the woman who was found shot in her bedroom on Sunday morning.
The shooting victim was identified as Brooke Hooker, 32, of Lufkin.
On Sunday, around 5:10 a.m., officers were called to the 100 block of Deer Trace Circle after the report of a female gunshot victim.
When paramedics arrived, they found Hooker inside her bedroom and transported her to a local hospital where she was pronounced dead a short time later.
Hooker’s boyfriend, who was with her at the time of the incident, told officers the shooting was accidental.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Kilgore College, TJC, Trinity Valley, and the rest of the SWJCFC get ready for the 2021 fall football season
- Texas Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee arrested for civil disobedience over voting rights bill
- “I thank god we found our family” TikTok reunites Michigan siblings after 40+ years
- East Texas school districts reviewing mask policies as COVID-19 cases rise
- ‘Happy tears’: Lee’s gold sparks joy at home in Minnesota