GREGG COUNTY, Texas (KETK) – One man died after he drove off the road into a ditch and crashed his car into a tree that later caught on fire.
On Thursday, around 8:56 p.m. DPS troopers were called to a one-vehicle crash on FM 2751 around 6.3 miles northeast of Longview.
43-year-old John Stinson, of Longview was driving on FM 2751 when he drove off the roadway and into the ditch for an unknown reason, according to a release. Stinson hit a tree on the driver’s side causing the car to catch on fire and burn.
Stinson was declared deceased at the scene by Justice of the Peace, Precinct #2, Judge Tim Bryan. Stinson was taken to the Bigham Funeral Home in Longview.
DPS officials said the investigation is still on-going and that there is no other information at this time.
- SFA stem rolls Lincoln as they prepare for Battle of the Piney Woods
- East Texans gear up for archery season, hunting season
- Trinity Valley edges out their rival Tyler Junior College
- ETBU loses a back and forth conference matchup with Howard Payne
- Pregnant mom with COVID pneumonia worried doctors would save baby – and not her