The above video was made before the identity of the man was released.
LUFKIN, Texas (KETK) – Police identified the man killed in a one-vehicle rollover wreck in Lufkin on Sunday morning.
21-year-old Jose Diaz of Lufkin died at the scene after his vehicle flipped end over end several times before coming to rest on its roof around 4:30 a.m. Sunday. Investigators said that Diaz was not wearing a seatbelt and was partially ejected from the vehicle.
Officers were called to the 4200 block of North Medford Drive and Loop 287 under the U.S. 59 bridge. Lufkin police officials said it appeared the man was traveling northbound on Loop 287 when he left the road just before the U.S. 59 north exit.
At this time, they do not know what caused Diaz to leave the road.
Diaz was pronounced dead at the scene following a lengthy extrication by the Lufkin Fire Department.
- This Buc-ee’s store in Texas won’t hold world’s largest title after new location is built in Tennessee
- McAfee antivirus software creator dead in Spanish prison
- Gov. Abbott says VP Harris should focus on Texans at border facing crime from illegal immigrants
- East Texas man charged in Capitol riot files motion to remove GPS monitoring while he’s on bond
- Broughton Rec Center in Longview closed for renovations