RUSK COUNTY, Texas (KETK)- A man talked about his experience and how he survived after a tree fell on him in a Rusk County pasture on Thursday.
Rusk and Nacogdoches County first responders including the Rusk County Sheriff’s Office were called near County Road 4262D around 1:30 p.m.
Cody Tinkle, a resident from Nacogdoches, was planning to clear brush from his friends property, which is something he does every year.
However, this time a tree fell and pinned the 46-year-old man to a tractor.
“I was down there by myself, and it’s a good ways off the road. One of the problems is no one knew where I was and no one knew where to find me,” mentioned Tinkle.
He also said his faith helped him during this scary situation.
“Quite honest, I just started praying to God, ‘please get me out of this and forgive me of all my sins. Because if it’s my time to go, I wanna be going to the right place.’ Yeah, it felt like a lot longer than what it was, but they told me from the time that we gathered that I was down there about an hour or 45 minutes,” said Tinkle.
He was later life flighted to a hospital in Tyler, according to Rusk County Sheriff Johnwayne Valdez.
- Texas doctor says he performed abortion after 6 weeks to challenge state’s restrictive law
- Monday Morning Forecast: Cold front on the way
- Pfizer says its COVID-19 vaccine works in children ages 5 to 11
- Jalen Hale: CHRISTUS Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute Athlete of the Week
- Greenberg Smoked Turkeys Inc. gear up for holiday season less than 1 year after devastating fire