TYLER, Texas (KETK) – Aurelino Ramirez, 81, with dementia, was found by the Tyler police due to having a Smith County Project Lifesaver bracelet on, after he walked away from the 300 block of South Fannin Avenue.
Police were able to find Ramirez after a call from the antennae provided by Project Lifesaver. At around 10:56 a.m. they picked up the signal at East Elm Street and North Beckham Avenue and Ramirez was found at East Line Street and North Beckham Avenue in a bakery.
The cooperation with the Alzheimer’s Alliance of Smith County Project Lifesaver not only assisted in locating Aurelino but also brought it to a quick conclusion.
- Texas governor’s race: Abbott, O’Rourke dig in on issues ahead of 1st debate
- Elderly woman dies after getting hit while pushing shopping cart in Abilene parking lot
- A doc from the Disney family takes aim at the Mouse House
- Study: Dallas Cowboys not only most popular sports team in NFL, but America too
- Amazon’s first Prime Early Access Sale promises slashed prices Oct. 11-12