TYLER, Texas (KETK) – Aurelino Ramirez, 81, with dementia, was found by the Tyler police due to having a Smith County Project Lifesaver bracelet on, after he walked away from the 300 block of South Fannin Avenue.
Police were able to find Ramirez after a call from the antennae provided by Project Lifesaver. At around 10:56 a.m. they picked up the signal at East Elm Street and North Beckham Avenue and Ramirez was found at East Line Street and North Beckham Avenue in a bakery.
The cooperation with the Alzheimer’s Alliance of Smith County Project Lifesaver not only assisted in locating Aurelino but also brought it to a quick conclusion.
- Use your East Texas Giving Day donations to enrich arts education through Young Audiences
- DC statehood approved by House in party line vote; faces long odds in Senate
- Named to NJCAA hall of fame, TJC men’s basketball coach Mike Marquis shares honor with son, family
- Lufkin crews working to fix broken water main
- Texas severe winter storm and mass power outages impacted the natural gas industry