TYLER, Texas (KETK) – Aurelino Ramirez, 81, with dementia, was found by the Tyler police due to having a Smith County Project Lifesaver bracelet on, after he walked away from the 300 block of South Fannin Avenue.
Police were able to find Ramirez after a call from the antennae provided by Project Lifesaver. At around 10:56 a.m. they picked up the signal at East Elm Street and North Beckham Avenue and Ramirez was found at East Line Street and North Beckham Avenue in a bakery.
The cooperation with the Alzheimer’s Alliance of Smith County Project Lifesaver not only assisted in locating Aurelino but also brought it to a quick conclusion.
- Texas man charged with slapping teenage boy in the face during LSU game
- JOB ALERT: Brelsford Personnel in Bullard needs an administrative assistant
- Need to Know: How to safely transport your real Christmas tree home
- Wednesday Morning Forecast: Warm weather to start December
- Bradley Cooper says he was held at knifepoint in NYC subway: ‘It was pretty insane’