TYLER, Texas (KETK)- The New Harmony Baptist Church is holding a fun 4th of July celebration for all of the family.
They made food for more than 500 people. The church prepared hamburgers, hot dogs, sausages on a stick and ice cream, and they are all free.
There is also an ice cream competition that is being held.
“30 different homemade ice creams, we’ll have judging of all of those ice creams. Somebody will come away with being the winner. I will probably by the winner, but you can come out and bring your ice cream and try me on,” said Kevin Ferrell, with New Harmony Baptist Church.
The church also has board games and dominoes and other activities indoors, so people can escape the heat.
There is also a raffle taking place, and someone will be going home with a free grill.
Still, the main event is the firework show, which will start around 9:30 p.m.
- Abbott issues order that targets migrants entering Texas who might have COVID-19
- Some Texas hospitals adjust visitor policies as COVID-19 variants continue spreading
- Simone Biles withdraws from all-around gymnastics competition, won’t defend title
- ‘Just proud’: Katie Ledecky finally wins gold at Tokyo Olympics
- Tokyo sets another virus record days after Olympics begin