TYLER, Texas (KETK) – Fire officials said an electrical power strip was the unintentional cause of a fire on Monday at the Freedom Fellowship Church.

The blaze was started in the northeast side of the building where several electrical items were connected to a power strip, authorities said. Firefighters were called to the church at 9:59 a.m.

Officials said they saw smoke and flames coming out of the windows and door.

“Five engines and one ladder company, along with a battalion chief and two investigators responded to the scene. The structure sustained significant damage to the room of origin, with smoke and water damage throughout,” said Paul Findley, the Tyler Fire Marshal.

No one was injured and firefighters left the scene around 12 p.m.


TYLER, Texas (KETK) – Officials in Tyler have responded to a fire at the Freedom Fellowship Church in Tyler on Loop 323 near Fairfax Drive.

The call came in around 10 a.m. on Monday, and multiple departments responded to assist.


Stay up-to-date with the latest local news, sports, weather, politics and more using the KETK mobile app on Android and iPhone.