LUFKIN, Texas (KETK)- Damages are being reported in Lufkin due to severe storms, according to the Lufkin Police Department.
A billboard fell onto the road near Billy Lee’s Locksmith at 500 E. Frank Ave.
A tree is across Leon St. at Paul Ave.
Debris has also been scattered through the city, and there are also power outages and lines down.
Angelina County remains under a tornado watch through 4 p.m. Lufkin City Hall will be closed until 1 p.m. due to the weather.
The National Weather Service said they cannot confirm a tornado, but there are reports of a funnel that passed over Lufkin City Hall and moved to the Timberland Drive area.
NWS officials also mentioned that once the cold front passes, Lufkin will no longer be under a severe weather threat.
- Final goodbyes and one last ride for East Texas Lieutenant who died of Colon Cancer
- KETK News accepting donations for Neal’s Wheels ahead of holiday season
- Houston woman with no recent travel history tests positive for omicron variant
- Chapel Hill is ready for the challenge against Austin LBJ Saturday
- Monday Evening Forecast: Cold night, Spring-like weather returns by mid-week