VAN ZANDT COUNTY, Texas (KETK) – Authorities in Van Zandt County are investigating a case involving cows that were left in a snow covered pen in prolonged freezing temperatures.
Van Zandt Sheriff Hendrix and deputies on Friday assisted SPCA investigators executing a warrant for an animal seizure on VZ County Road 3219 just outside Myrtle Springs.
“One of the livestock animals had already perished.” said information from the VZ County Sheriff’s Office. “This investigation is ongoing and may result in criminal charges against the owner.”
- Kilgore College receives $190,000 grant from American Electric Power to support the East Texas Police Academy
- Bowie County sex offender sentenced for possessing 600 images of child pornography
- Kilgore College students organizes livestream as fundraiser for House of Hope
- Tyler crash causes many southbound lanes on Troup Highway near Thistle Dr. to be closed
- Tyler, Longview ISD among schools to continue mask mandate through end of school year