PITTSBURG, Texas (KETK) – Low-income families in Pittsburg have a new solution when it comes to affordable housing.
The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs provided the city of Pittsburg with a grant to help families in the community with assistance rebuilding their homes.
Homeowners who are found to be eligible for this grant program will have their current home demolished and a new home built on the same land at no cost to them. Assistance is provided in the form of a 5-year grant or a 15-year deferred forgivable loan.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Live in Pittsburg city limits
- Own your home and have a warranty deed in your name
- Live in a “substandard” home
- Have a household income within specific limits
- Be current on property taxes
- Have a clear title to your property
- Be able to relocate during construction
To apply, fill out a paper application at Pittsburg City Hall or email email@example.com. Applicants are selected based on availability of funds, according to a release. Individuals who need special accommodations can contact City Hall.