Pot of grease left on stove in Longview causes fire, $10,000 in damages

Local News

(Photo by Scott Barbour/Getty Images)

LONGVIEW, Texas (KETK) – On Tuesday night, around, 10:13 p.m. the Longview Fire Department responded to a residential fire.

The Longview FD said that the fire was caused by a pot of grease on the stove that was left unattended.

Longview officials said there were no reported injuries, but that around $10,000 worth of damage was done to the home.

The Longview Fire Department responded with 3 fire engines, 2 ladder trucks, 1 ambulance and 4 support vehicles for a total of 21 personnel.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Right Now

Don't Miss

Community Calendar

KETK Twitter & Facebook

FOX51 Twitter & Facebook