DALLAS (KDAF) — In the south, there are a few things that are staples and loved by pretty much everybody, football, chili, meat and fishing just to name a few.
We know where to watch football for the teams we root for, we know how to or where to order chili, and where to get the best meat, but where are the best fishing spots in Texas? A report released by Trips To Discover answers that question.
Finding a great fishing spot is important because it can turn into lifelong memories with family and friends. Saturday and Sunday mornings were built for a couple of hours of fishing with those you love or simply getting some quiet time to yourself.
The report says, “From crappie to largemouth bass, white bass, and catfish, whether you’re a seasoned pro or a curious collector, you’ll find countless places to enjoy a day out on the water. Combining scenic views of lakes, rivers, streams, and creeks with outdoor adventures, here are some of the best places to go fishing in Texas.”
- Caddo Lake – East Texas
- Choke Canyon Reservoir – South Texas
- Lake Texoma – North Texas
- Lake Amistad – Southwest Texas
- Lake Fork – Northeast Texas
- Lake O’ The Pines – East Texas
- Cedar Creek Lake – North Texas
- Falcon Lake – South Texas
- Guadalupe River – South Texas
- Colorado Bend State Park – Central Texas
- Devils River – South Texas
- Blanco State Park – Central Texas
- Sam Rayburn – East Texas