RUSK COUNTY, Texas (KETK)- A man’s body was found by East Texas law enforcement on Tuesday.
The Rusk County Sheriff’s Office and the Department of Corrections were searching for a man in the wooded area near the River of Life Ministries on Highway 79 South, according to Rusk County Sheriff Johnwayne Valdez.
The man’s body was discovered by a K-9 officer approximately 100 yards from the church before noon on Tuesday, and it was badly decomposed. Doctors told authorities it could have been in this area for 10 to 12 days.
Law enforcement were looking for the man on Monday and the search was extended into Tuesday. The man is possibly from Rusk County and deputies were looking for him for six days, added Valdez.
The Tyler forensic lab helped process the body and the scene. They also transported the body to Tyler.
Officials are waiting for the autopsy and toxicology results before releasing the identity.
- Henderson County SO arrests 3 for drug crimes
- BE ON THE LOOKOUT: Longview police asking help to find car in hit-and-run accident with pedestrian
- ‘Do not click on any links’: Postal Service warns of fake texts, emails about deliveries, packages
- Dunkin’ offering free coffee for National Nurses Day
- 9-year-old boy at airport jumps onto baggage conveyor, found almost 4 minutes later uninjured