TYLER, Texas (KETK) — East Texas businesses are stepping up their giving this holiday season. BNI, a business networking organization, put extra thought into the toys they donated this season.
Members of the group met at Potpourri House and instead of bringing random toys to put in a box, they each stood up and shared how that related to their business and how it may influence kids to go into that field.
For example, a palates instructor donated a gymnastics Barbie, relating back to her fitness business. A mortgage broker donated a toy house, relating to his lending business. A litigation lawyer donated a poop emoji toy.
There were over 50 unique donations. The team took pictures with their toys while chanting “Toys for Tots”.
Smith County Toys for Tots distributed over 10,000 toys last year. To donate, click here.
- Migrant encounters top 2 million in calendar year 2021, on pace for repeat in 2022
- Two IRS letters to watch for this tax season
- Study finds high levels of omicron-fighting antibodies four months after Pfizer booster
- Poll: Trump leads 2024 Republican field with DeSantis in distant second
- JOB ALERT: Goodwill Central East Texas in Nacogdoches needs a donation associate