TYLER, Texas (KETK) – Tyler Rescue Ministries are supporting those who have become local heroes – nursing home staff – and have been working in what has become known as COVID-19 hotspots.
The organization provided lunch for three senior facilities in Tyler thanks to donations from the community.
The following facilities recieved lunch:
- Greenbriar Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Petal Hill Nursing Center and Rehabilitation Center
- Park Place Nursing Center and Rehabilitation Center
Pizza was purchased from Grand Slam thanks to local church donations and dessert was donated from Small Cakes in Tyler.
Churches who donated:
- Friendly Baptist Church
- Cartwright Baptist Church
- Center Point Ministries
- Teaching the Gospel of Our Lord Jesus Christ
- Serving the total needs of Women and Children and Families
- Preparing Women with Children and Families to be able to return to societal living
- Strengthening the ties with evangelical churches and giving them an opportunity to reach out to the homeless and abused on an ongoing basis through the Ministries’s services.
- Empowering homeless individuals to self-improvement, betterment and work-sustaining skills
- Enabling a cross-section of homeless individuals and families to recover, rehabilitate, and restore
- Providing spiritual education and moral development to make a person whole
- Training graduates who can competently compete for work in and around the communities of Smith County
- Caring for the community by helping the homeless re-enter society.